Golder Associates Recruitment 2019 for Senior Rock Engineer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Golder Associates Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Golder Associates Recruitment 2019
Golder Associates is seeking for a Senior Rock Engineer with the ability to integrate management and outstanding technical aptitude taking control of all projects from inception to a successful result.
- Working predominately on projects concerned with rock mechanics, including support and mine design.
- Open pit mine investigation and design experience.
- Collation and analysis of geotechnical data,
- Open pit mine design,
- Geotechnical report writing,
- Provide technical expertise on mining projects concerned with coal and hard rock engineering, such as strata control and mine design.
- Manage consultancy project with in coal and hard rock engineering
- Provide technical and project management expertise in the following areas; research, instrumentation, stress measurement, monitoring, numerical modelling, risk management, underground safety audits, design methods, training, and technology transfer.
- Developing new business and building upon existing and prospective client relations with in Business Unit.
- Developing techniques and methods for solving rock engineering problems with in the mines, often conducting site visits to resolve these issues.
- Ensuring compliance with HSSE procedures and protocols.
- Management and mentoring of junior and intermediate staff,
- Management of drilling contractors,
- Develop client relationships that lead to ongoing work,
- On site supervisory role for geotechnical investigation projects for open pit mines,
- Continued development of key skills in Project Management.
- Deliver quality, on time and within budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree with in rock mechanic, mining, engineering, engineering geology or geotechnical engineering
- Sc. or PhD will be advantageous
- Professional Engineer advantageous
- Extensive mining experience essential
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience either as a consultant or working for a mining company in the field of rock engineering.
- Open pit mine investigation and / or design experience.
- Understanding of African clients in the mining industry.
- Experience in developing site specific geological models.
- MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook , MS Projects
- Is regarded as an expert in a technical discipline area regionally and internationally.
- Makes complex decisions with input from partners.
- Focus is on projects with significant budgets and complexity, including contract negotiation, identifying strategic needs and provision of technical direction.
- Client focus is on maintaining a broad client base and actively pursuing new business opportunities.
- Displays leadership in technical elements of role, in management of project teams.
- Mentors and coach’s junior and intermediate staff with respect to their career growth and professional development.
- Proactively raise safety issues to the attention of peers, contractors and visitors and assist in seeking resolution to the issues identified.
- Communicates clearly and consistently the importance of health and safety and recognizes those who show the right behaviours..
- Is responsible for ensuring delivery of significant project reports or senior review of complex technical reports.
- May be leading a technical discipline network.
- Set a positive example by identifying and reporting hazards, near misses and incidents.
- Displays a ‘safety first’ focus.
- Influential: known as a lead authority in an area of our business.
- Ability to delegate: willing and able to “let go” of the project management role.
- Strategist: can sense and respond to changes in the market, helps the organisation change and adapt.
- Diplomat: skill in diplomacy, able to tactfully address and resolve difficult situations.
- Ownership attitude: willing to jump in and sort out higher level issues (rather than wait for someone else).
- Strong mentor: actively mentors a number of people in their group or in other groups or offices.
- Client focus: introduces intermediate staff to their existing clients, pursues new business opportunities, and seeks new opportunities through regular client contact, positive networking and cross-selling.
- Technical excellence: involved in professional committees, expert panels, publications and conference organisation.
- Corporate awareness: able to translate global initiatives to the office level, wants to understand what is happening at broader level of organisation.
- Leadership: able to involve others in establishing a shared vision of where the team is going, sets an example by aligning behaviours with values.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: