Ghana Institute of Journalism, GIJ Postgraduate Admission Form for the 2021/2022 academic session is out.
The Ghana Institute of Journalism School of Graduate Studies and Research (SoGSaR) announces for the information of the general public that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants to the following programmes:
POSTGRADUATE REGULAR PROGRAMMES
A. MASTER OF ARTS IN JOURNALISM
B. MASTER OF ARTS IN PUBLIC RELATIONS
C. MASTER OF ARTS IN MEDIA MANAGEMENT
D. MASTER OF ARTS IN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATION
These are 15 months intensive programmes based on the semester system. Lectures start at 4.00 p.m. each day, from Monday to Friday.
POSTGRADUATE WEEKEND PROGRAMMES (Friday and Saturday)
A. MASTER OF ARTS IN PUBLIC RELATIONS
B. MASTER OF ARTS IN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATION
These are 15 months intensive programmes based on the semester system with lectures on Friday at 4.00pm and Saturday at 7.30 am.
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES – SANDWICH
i. Master of Arts in Journalism
ii. Master of Arts in Public Relations
iii. Master of Arts in Media Management
iv. Master of Arts in Development Communication
The sandwich programme is an intensive career-oriented master’s programme tailored towards busy media, communication, and allied professionals who seek to upgrade themselves. The programme shall be held over two (2) sandwich semesters of 8-weeks, (June-July) per semester.
GIJ POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
i. A Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies from the Ghana Institute of Journalism or any accredited/recognized University, with at least Second Class Lower Division.
A Bachelor’s degree in other disciplines from any reputable University with at least Second Class Lower Division
ii. Passing an Entrance Examination and Selection Interview.
NOTE: Applicants from Non-English speaking countries must also have a minimum level of English Language Proficiency in the following: GSCE/O LEVEL, IELTS and TOEFL.
COST OF GIJ APPLICATION FORMS
Diploma – GH¢200.00
Degree – GH¢250.00
M.A. – GH¢300.00
Diploma & Degree – USD$120.00
Postgraduate – USD$150.00
HOW TO APPLY FOR GIJ POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION
There are two types of applications.
1. Online Application:
- Pay your application fee at any Fidelity Bank Branch by providing your name (as will appear on your application) and telephone number.
- You will be provided with your application number at the bank.
- Go to http://registration.gij.edu.gh/apply/start to begin and complete your application online.
- Note: you will need a valid email address to complete the online application.
2. Application Form
- You can also download application form from the Institute’s website, www.gij.edu.gh, and complete them manually.
- Pay the appropriate application fee at any Fidelity Bank Branch and attach pay-in slip from the bank to the completed application form and submit.
Completed application form should reach:
THE ACADEMIC AFFAIRS REGISTRY,
GHANA INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM,
P.O. BOX GP 667,
GIJ ADMISSION CLOSING DATE
Not later than Friday, 28th June, 2021
See more Post about: