Ghana Students Loan Trust Fund: Application, Requirements and Details… Featured in this post is the Ghana Students Loan Trust Fund: Application, Requirements and Details.
The Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) was established in December 2005 under the Trustee Incorporation Act 1962, Act 820. The objectives of the Trust Fund are to provide financial resources for the sound management of the Trust for the benefit of students and to help promote and facilitate the national ideals enshrined in Article 28 and 38 of the 1992 Constitution.
The Students Loans Trust Fund is governed by a Board of Trustees that comprises of distinguished individuals of relevant backgrounds relevant to the business of SLTF. The members of the board are appointed by the President of the Republic. The day – to – day administration of the SLTF is headed by CEO, assisted by a team of dedicated professionals. The SLTF also has Campus offices in major institutions.
Table of Contents
As part of the consideration for the student loan, prospective applicants will need to ensure that both their institution and programmes will make them eligible for the loan. To be able to access the loan the following must be considered:
- School is a tertiary Institution accredited by Ghana National Accreditation Board.
- Programmes being offered are accredited by NAB
- Loan is for only Ghanaian citizens living and schooling in Ghana
- Only needy applicant will be considered
A borrower shall apply the loan granted from the Fund to defray personal expenses including fees, the cost of boarding, lodging, books, equipment and for other purposes that may be necessary for the borrower’s course of studies.
Before an applicant applies for the loan he/she will require the following in order to successfully apply. Until these are provided the application will not be successful.
- Telephone number of both applicant and guarantor
- An E-zwich account that should be linked to your Bank account in the same bank.
- Social security number
- Should be a registered student of his/her school
- Must have one personal guarantor who should either be a SSNIT contributor, MMDA, Religious Body or a Corporate Body. Please refer to guarantor requirement for details.
- Two passport size photographs
The Students Loan Trust Fund Requirements of a Guarantor
Guarantors and Guarantee
Your loan application must be guaranteed by any one of the following guarantors (SSNIT contributor, Recognized Religious Body, Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assembly and Corporate body).
SNNIT Contributor Guarantor
- Must be a Ghanaian
- Must be an active contributor to the SSNIT pension scheme.
- Must have contributed to the SSNIT scheme for at least 36 months or 3 years.
- Must not be more than 53 years old.
- Must not have guaranteed for more than one (1) person already. (Parents can however, guarantee for all their children)
- Must be a member of a recognized, national religious body.
- There must be evidence of the Institution’s decision to guarantee (Resolution).
Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies
- There must be evidence of Resolution by the Assembly to guarantee student loans.
- The resolution should indicate 2 authorized signatories.
- Signatories must include the Chief Executive.
- The company must be a member of Ghana club 100 and/or a company listed on the Ghana Stock at the time of guarantee.
- There must be a board resolution authorizing the guarantee.
- Two signatories are required and should at least be at Senior Management position.
Mode of Repayment
The modes of repayment of loans are as follows:
- Periodic deductions from beneficiary’s salary by his or her employer.
- Direct periodic payments to the SLTF by beneficiaries who are not employees of any organization (i.e. sole proprietorship, self employed etc)
- Outright payment of total loan amount plus interest due.
The Students Loan Trust Fund Contacts
Students Loan Trust Fund Contact Details
Location: Hse # 47,3rd Crescent, Asylum Down – Accra
Phone : +233(0)302231886
Fax : +233(0)302231873
Share this post with your Friends: