GSL Programmes | Ghana School of Law, GSL list of available Programmes offered by the institution and approved by NAB.
Are you looking for the list of Programmes available at Ghana School of Law (GSL)? The following is the list of available Programmes offered at Ghana School of Law (GSL) that has gained National Accreditation Board (NAB) accreditation.
The Ghana School of Law (GSL) is an educational institution in Ghana for training lawyers. The school is the only one that provides training for law graduates in the Barrister at Law program.
See Also – Courses Offered at Ghana School of Law (GSL)
GHANA SCHOOL OF LAW PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE
PROFESSIONAL LAW COURSE (PLC)
This is designed for Bachelor of Laws graduates from the University of Ghana, the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (Kumasi) and other universities approved by the Council. Currently, the School runs a Semester Programme. The following compulsory subjects are studied during the First Semester:
- Law of Evidence
- Interpretation of Deeds and Statutes
- Criminal Procedure
- Civil Procedure
- Conveyancing and Legal Drafting
- Advocacy & Legal Ethics
The Compulsory subjects studied during the Second Semester are:
- Law Practice Management and Legal Accountancy
- Company and Commercial Practice
- Family Law and Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
In addition to the academic work, students are mandated to undertake a 6-month compulsory internship in selected Law Firms, Legal Departments and the Courts. Students will be assessed at the end of the internship. Only passed and referred students shall participate in the Internship Programme.
To qualify for admission to the Ghana School of Law for the Professional Law Course, applicants must be successful both at the Entrance Examination and Interview. The categories of applicants listed below are eligible to write the Entrance Examination:ALL LLB graduates from the Faculties of Law of Public Universities in Ghana, including KNUST, Kumasi; University of Ghana(Legon) and GIMPA approved by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and the General Legal Council (GLC).
- ALL LLB graduates from the Faculties of Law of Private University Colleges in Ghana approved by the NAB and GLC.
- ALL Ghanaian LLB graduates or holders of equivalent law degrees from Universities in the United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America and other common law jurisdictions who have obtained passes in all the prescribed subjects/courses for admission to the Professional Law Course
- For the avoidance of doubt, applicants from overseas/foreign Universities who possess LLB certificates or certificates for equivalent law degrees shall be eligible to write the Entrance Examination if such applicants have passed the subjects below at the LLB or equivalent level:
- Ghana Constitutional Law
- Ghana Legal System and Methods
- Criminal Law
- Law of Equity and Succession
- Law of Torts
- Law of Contract
- Law of Immovable Property
- Company Law
- Commercial Law
In addition to the nine (9) subjects listed above, applicants must have studied and passed any one of the following subjects:Law of Natural Resources
- Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law of Taxation
Applicants who are admitted to undertake the Professional Law Course are enrolled as Barristers at Law and Solicitors of the Supreme Court upon their successful completion of the Course.
See more Post about: