Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Atomic Energy Commission Recruitment 2021.
The Ghana Atomic Energy Commission is the state organization in Ghana involved with surveillance of the use of nuclear energy in Ghana. It is similar in aim to the Ghana Nuclear Society, with the difference being that the GNS is a nonprofit organisation, whereas the GAEC is part of the parliament of Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Vacancy For Director of Internal Audit
• The Director of Internal Audit is responsible for the management of the Commission’s auditing functions to ensure effective & efficient internal control systems.
• He is to advise and report on the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls and governance processes in the Commission.
The Director of Internal Audit will report directly to the Director- General.
Duties / Key Responsibilities
• Prepare internal audit reports for the Commission.
• Undertake audit investigation of the Commission.
• Examine and report on the Commission’s fixed assets register from time to time.
• Provide inputs and proposal for the update of standards, procedures and guidelines for internal audit in the Commission.
• Monitor the implementation of recommendations made in internal audit reports of the Commission.
• Assist in the design and implementation of appropriate training programmes for staff in the internal audit unit of the Commission.
• Review the design and implementation of appropriate training programmes for staff in the internal audit unit of the commission.
• Review the administration of programmes and operations of the commission and recommend corrective actions
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicant must possess or be:
• A Chartered Accountant and a member of an appropriate professional body.
• Must possess post graduate degree in Auditing, Accounting or Finance.
• Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience at least ten (10) of which must have been in a very senior position in a reputable organisation.
• Must have knowledge and experience in Public Sector Accounting and Auditing.
• Must demonstrate knowledgeable in computer-based accounting/auditing systems.
• A good team player.
• A good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Not more than fifty-five (55) years.
How To Apply For The Job
Application forms may be obtained at the Commission’s Cash Office at a fee of GH¢500.00 or download the forms below:
A written application together with a completed application form should be submitted to the Director-General at the address below:
Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
P.O. Box LG 80,
The application should also include:
• Complete CV of the applicant with names and addresses of three referees
• A two (2) page Vision Statement.
Closing Date: 07 May, 2021.