GE Oil & Gas Recruitment 2019 for Logistics Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the GE Oil & Gas Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
GE Oil & Gas Recruitment 2019
This role is responsible for managing all Logistics related operations in Ghana.
- Actively promote GE Oil & Gas Safety Policy and Procedures. Ensure that all appropriate personnel are aware of Operator requirements for Toolbox Talks and Risk Assessments prior to undertaking work and be fully aware of the ‘STOP WORK’ initiative and fully participate
- Ensure the effective coordination and management of the stakeholders and process relating to the import/export of company/client equipment to ensure compliance with Ghana Customs requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Establish systems and procedures to expedite/reduce delays of shipments in transit and during customs clearance. e.g review shipping documents prior to departure, keep and regularly update a Logistics tracker to effectively monitor progress of shipments in transit.
- To liaise with the sourcing and finance teams to actively implement and pursue value for money strategies in relation to all requests for shipments and equipment to support the companies achieve its cost rationalization targets. E.g review invoices for wrong invoicing, double invoicing or over charging before vendor submits for payment.
- Manage BHGE master shipment database/tracker and keep accurate records (physical/electronic copies) of all shipment (imports, exports, loadouts and backloads).
- Design, implement, monitor and review the Logistics processes to ensure continuous improvement in the company’s operations.
- Liaise with project manager and technical support teams to plan, implement and supervise the logistics operations to meet client requirements and expectations e.g truck/equipment requirements, heavy lift, permits and certifications etc
- Track and provide upon request the updated logistics costs and monthly reports to the project, commercial and finance teams for cost tracking, reconciliation and assit in the justification of Variation Orders.
- To be the main contact for all operational issues relating to Logistics and supervise on-site logistics activities to support on-going onshore/offshore operations. E.g. goods inward/received process, equipment/truck requests, transit orders for shipments etc.
Expertise in logistics management
Understanding of customs regulations
Prior experience working with a multinational oil & gas services operation
Strong supply chain management experience
10+ years of experience in logistics and supply chain management
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.