Freedom of Expression Awards Fellowship (Fully-funded to London, UK) 2018
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Freedom of Expression Awards Fellowship (Fully-funded to London, UK) 2018…Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Freedom of Expression Awards Fellowship 2018
Winners of the 2019 Freedom of Expression Awards Fellowship receive 12 months of capacity building, coaching and emergency assistance. Through the fellowships, Index seeks to maximise the impact and sustainability of voices at the forefront of pushing back censorship worldwide.
- Eligible Countries: All
- Type: Fellowship
- Award Providers: Index on Censorship
- Number of Awards: 4 Fellowships in each of the categories above.
- To Be Taken At (Country): London, UK
- Need: Those cases where the 2019 Awards Fellowship can potentially add the most value.
- Value of Award: Fellows receive 12 months of direct assistance, starting with an all-expenses-paid training week in London in April 2019.
Award Description: Index helps fellows build key partnerships, troubleshoot and receive expert support in multiple areas including personal safety, finance, PR and mental health. Fellows work with Index and partners to identify and realize key strategic goals. Index promotes news and regional developments through our magazine, website and social media.
- Arts: for artists and arts producers whose work challenges repression and injustice and celebrates artistic free expression
- Campaigning: for activists and campaigners who have had a marked impact in fighting censorship and promoting freedom of expression
- Digital Activism: for innovative uses of technology to circumvent censorship and enable free and independent exchange of information
- Journalism: for courageous, high-impact and determined journalism that exposes censorship and threats to free expression
- anisation involved in tackling free expression threats.
- Four fellowships will be offered, one in each of the following categories: journalism, campaigning, arts and digital activism.
- Anyone can nominate or self-nominate.
- Nominees must have had a recognisable impact in the past 12 months.
- Timeliness: A significant contribution within the past 12 months.
- Resilience: Courage to speak out, persisting in the face of adversity.
- Innovation: Creative ways of promoting free expression or circumventing censorship.
- Impact: Evidence of shifting perceptions, influencing public or government opinion, contributing to legislative change.
Application Form – How to Apply:
Application Deadline: 17th September 2018.
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Freedom of Expression Awards Fellowship (Fully-funded to London, UK) 2018 for more information.