Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Frannan International Recruitment 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Vacancy For Waste Recovery and Circular Economy Technical Specialist
Scope of Work
• The objective of the Waste Recovery and Circular Economy Technical Specialist is to support Canada’s International assistance programming in Ghana with sectorial knowledge on waste and plastics, issues and engagement with external stakeholders to advance Canada’s development priorities in Ghana.
• Technical specialist is expected to work in close collaboration with the Global Affairs Canada (GAC) Programme Officer overseeing initiatives that fall under the action area of environment and climate Action and other relevant technical specialist for (Environment, Gender, Monitoring and Evaluation, etc) and primarily to strengthen Canada’s engagement in the Ghana National Plastic Action Partnership (NPAP) and support the implementation of future programming on waste and plastic issues in Ghana. This consultancy is on a part time basis and approximately over 14 months starting in July 2021 and estimated up to 120 days maximum per the calendar year.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline such as environment sciences, sustainable development and waste management, natural resource management and other related fields, or equivalent qualifications
• Minimum 6 years work experience managing and/or advising cross-sectoral international development programmes, working with government partners as well as other stakeholders (private sector, development partners, and civil society organisations) in the plastic industry, circular economy and/or waste management. This may include waste management, system/technologies, resource efficiency, ocean plastic pollution and marine debris, as well as investment challenges and opportunities in the circular economy sector
• Experience in environmental integration in programme design, analysis, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Knowledge of Ghana’s environmental laws, policies and programmes, as well as waste and plastic management issues at national, local and community levels, both in the formal and informal sectors
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Previous experience in similar position on plastic or waste sector-related projects and/or in a donor environment is and asset
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV and a one-page cover letter only by e-mail to:
Describing how they meet the minimum requirements outlined above. Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted and sent a request for proposals (REP) document to complete for this consultancy
Closing Date: 14 May, 2021.