Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2019 for Residence Steward
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2019
Main purpose of Job:
Maintains all areas of the Residence with high standards of hygiene. Provide quality guest and meal service during functions, report and follow-up with maintenance schedules, and be available for all meetings with the High Commissioner.
- Ensures highest standards of general cleaning in the Residence. This will include, but is not limited to; keeping pantries, public rooms and bedrooms clean and in good order.
- Dusting, polishing and watering flowers or decorations inside the Residence as required.
- To ensure that all health and safety standards are met at the residence.
- To ensure that the residence is kept clean at all times and all furniture are polished and maintained in a proper manner.
- To ensure all glassware, china and all drinking glasses are well looked after and accounted for always.
Food and Beverage Service:
- To help with set up for functions, including preparation of bar equipment, laying of tables, chairs and decorations.
- To serve food and drinks in accordance with laid down standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner at all meal times and during official functions.
- Clearing, washing up and assisting with breakdown after each function.
- Complies with all health and safety policies in accordance with Residence standards.
- Minimum of WASSCE or SSCE and proficient in spoken and written English.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
Learning and development opportunities:
- The High Commission is committed to providing a strong learning and development environment.
- A comprehensive online training package is available, both job-specific and of a more general nature, as is on-the-job training and coaching.
- The High Commission benefits from the support of a Regional Learning & Development Training Centre.
- Staff can undertake a range of training opportunities via this Centre too.