Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2019 for Regional Capacity Building Assistant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2019
Main purpose of job:
The British Deputy High Commission is looking to recruit a Regional Capacity Building Assistant to work in the Immigration Enforcement International office. IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT INTERNATIONAL has secured funding for a programme of upstream border capacity building in West Africa. The objectives of this programme are:
The Successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Regional Capacity Building Officer in the capacity building programme in Overseas Development Aid ODA countries. The roles will focus on developing technical knowledge and strengthening institutional capacity on migration, human trafficking and border security management, aiming at long-term sustainability. The programmes aim to build capacity in three areas:
The position is for an initial one year contract, and may be subject to renewal.
Regular regional travel across West Africa will be required please take this into consideration when applying for the position.
Roles and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will assist in researching trends in visa applications, dealing with passengers referred to the BDHC by airlines and checking application details against confidential databases. Duties will include:
- Working closely with existing IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT INTERNATIONAL teams oversee and assist the Regional Capacity Building Officer to build Capacity in West Africa.
- Assist in developing and managing a clear, coherent programme/capacity building plans.
- Working with HO training teams to develop and deliver training courses, as well as “training of trainers” programmes in order to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Provide ancillary administrative support to the Regional Capacity Building Officer and the Regional Capacity Building Manager/Immigration Liaison Manager on travel and accommodation arrangements as well as diarising and booking venues to provide training.
- Assist the Regional Capacity Building Officer and Training officer and Regional Capacity Building Manager/Immigration Liaison Manager in managing financial/budgetary plans, exercise quality control over all procedures and documents, and ensure proper follow-up as necessary.
- Assist in the coordination of timely submission of reporting on programmes, including ad hoc, monthly, interim, quarterly, annual and end-of-project reports.
- The successful candidate will be expected to adhere to the FCO policy and guidance on expenditure when carrying out their duties. This may include but not limited to, flight booking, accommodation and venue booking and procuring items.
- Fluent in English written and oral.
- Must possess good computer skills with familiarity with software packages MS Word, Excel and straightforward databases.
- Previous experience in a training environment is preferable.
- Previous experience in Project Management.
- Previous experience in Accounting and inputting data into Excel spreadsheets.
Learning and development opportunities:
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to have their current budget and project management skills harnessed and updated regularly with necessary training.
- The successful candidate will also be assisting in the presenting of training material to a variety of different agencies and personnel. As such the successful candidate will become proficient in the courses that IEI provide such as forgery, profiling, document examination etc.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Ghana with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate that they meet the requirements under Ghanaian law to work in Ghana.
- The British High Commission in Accra is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission in Accra is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Ghanaian employment law.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- Candidates must be able to obtain Official Sensitive Security Clearance. Employment will be confirmed once this clearance has been granted by Foreign and Commonwealth Security Directorate.