Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2019 for Administrative Support Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2019
Main purpose of job:
This is an interesting and varied job working in the High Commissioner’s Office in the heart of the British High Commission. The focus of the job is to provide an excellent level of administrative assistance to the Office and support the Executive Assistant to the High Commissioner.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist the Executive office with daily administrative tasks.
- Assist the EA to arrange meetings with key contacts and stakeholders, book transport, prepare booklets and coordinate papers ahead of meetings.
- Welcome visitors entering the High Commissioner’s Office and direct or escort them.
- Manage the Executive Office’s stationery and tea services.
- Send out invitations for events in the Executive office and follow up for responses while keeping the residence manager and security informed of attendance and other details.
- Distribute mail from the High Commissioner’s general office mail box to the appropriate sections and also reply to emails where necessary in consultation with the EA to the HC.
- Assist with preparations for events and attend events as necessary.
- Assist with organising travel logistics and visit programmes.
- Maintain an updated contacts database; maintaining the general filing system; photocopying, scanning and distribution of documents.
- Retrieve and distribute postal items, e-mails and other correspondence pertaining to the Executive office.
- Liaising with IT team to ensure communication with other posts arranged and tested in good time prior to regular meetings.
- Provide cover for the PA to DHC and EA during absence.
- Provide support to reception team where necessary.
- Assist with processing of the diplomatic bags.
- Any other related tasks as may be assigned.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Packages.
- Self-motivation, forward thinking, good frustration-management and a positive outlook, this must include the ability to get along with a close-knit HMG teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to multi-task and time manage, with effective prioritisation.
- Proficient English.
- Previous experience in administrative assistance.
Learning and development opportunities:
The High Commission is committed to providing a strong learning and development environment. A comprehensive online training package is available, both job-specific and of a more general nature, as is on-the-job training and coaching. The High Commission benefits from the support of a Regional Learning & Development Training Centre. Staff can undertake a range of training opportunities via this Centre too.