Farmerline Recruitment 2019 for Partnership Development Senior Associate
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Farmerline Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Farmerline Recruitment 2019
Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invest in the lives of small-scale farmers. They are working to help farmers produce and sell food. They are bold and systemic thinkers, but operate lean and nimble.
They train and support a network of smartphone empowered field agents to bring vital services and information to farmers doorsteps. Products like high quality but affordable fertilizers, fungicides and seeds. Information services like the weather forecast, market prices, financial & nutrition tips. They are building the “Amazon” for farmers where they can access these services and other resources at an affordable price, quality and right in their community.
They have supported many organizations with their tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 6 years, Farmerline and its partnership network have profiled and served over 200,000 farmers and digitised over 1 million acres of farmland across 12 countries.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
You will bring Farmerline’s tools and services to clients and partners around the world. The roleinvolves building a deep understanding of Farmerline’s technologies, products, services, and potential tools, translating these to fit the needs of a wide range of organizations working to improve farmer livelihood and create lasting profit for farmers everywhere. You will be evaluated based on partnerships initiated, closed, and successfully managed. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and a team player, has strong written and verbal communication skills, and has a deep understanding of Farmerline’s mission. This role will include travel within Africa, Europe and the US.
Partnership Development (70% FTE)
- Research potential partners and prioritize and evaluate new corporate, development, foundation and government partnership prospects
- Network at appropriate conferences, meetings, and other forums to promote Farmerline and develop potential opportunities
- Build relationships with new potential partners
- Assist in developing strategies and solutions that completely solve supply chain challenges of potential clients, and communicating these effectively through high-quality proposals and presentations.
- Write, edit, and prepare proposals and other materials for a range of funding opportunities and current partnerships
Partner Success (30% FTE)
- Design and scale up short pilots that demonstrate Farmerline’s value proposition
- Ensures a seamless transition of customer responsibility to the designated customer success team following a successful implementation
- Work with the partner success or project management team to ensure all deadlines, proposals and reports are submitted on time
- Turn exciting prospects into successful partnerships that create lasting profit for farmers everywhere.
- Identify opportunities for team process improvement, coordinating with team members to creatively solve problems and implement solutions
- Provide excellent customer service by responding quickly to the needs or challenges of existing and potential clients and partners
- Cultivate and deepen client relationships and partnerships that add value
- At least 3 years experience in fundraising and development or communications with a track record of successfully securing partnerships larger than $50,000.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in total
- Fluency in English required. Professional proficiency in French is an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- A successful track record of collaborating across cultures and continents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and a willingness to learn additional software such as Hubspot, Pipedrive, and others as needed
- An ability to lead and innovate in challenging and changing environments and to problem solve accordingly
- Superb attention to detail and demonstrable skill for system and process management
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across departments
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce high-quality work in a deadline-driven environment
- 3-5 years working in partnership or business development teams for a social enterprise
- Master’s degree in global food, agriculture, international development and related fields.
- Familiarity with Pipedrive or similar partnership development software
- Understanding of and experience working in Africa and connecting with partners globally
- Familiarity with working in a fast-growing for-profit social enterprise
- Experience with proposal writing and management
Benefits and Compensation:
- Opportunity to work globally and build global networks
- Colleagues who are committed to your growth
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Laptop Allowance
- Free Daily Lunch