Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Jobs 2020, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Career Portal, Requirements for Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Job Recruitment 2020.
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Job Vacancies 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on schoolgh.com as well as on the official website.
Table of Contents
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Recruitment Details:
|Organization||Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)|
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Food Safety Specialist
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) leads FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. In its programme delivery, RAF contributes to the achievements of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially the eradication of poverty, achieving zero hunger, good health and well-being. The Sub-Saharan African region continues to be afflicted by hunger and malnutrition. Critical factors contributing to sub-optimal food systems in the region are related to high levels of Post-Harvest Losses, weak investment in agribusiness and value chains and food safety issues that hamper trade in food commodities. It is therefore vital that systems are put in place to enable more inclusive and efficient agricultural and food systems at local, national and international levels. This could be done through reinforcing public sector capacity to work with the private sector and civil society organizations in order to develop sustainable value chains for agricultural products, with particular attention to strengthening farmer market-agribusiness linkages.
The Food Specialist Consultant will work under the technical supervision of the Food Safety Officer and under the overall supervision of the Senior Nutrition Officer and the Regional Programme Leader (RPL). He/she will work in consultation with Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR), Animal Health, Trade and Post-harvest Losses (PHL) teams.
Food safety control system including assessment and support for the development and implementation of food safety regulatory frameworks and implementation strategies and food safety risk management activities. The food safety specialist will also provide support to capacity building activities on Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) measures.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the implementation of Codex Trust Fund (CTF) projects in countries led by FAO: Facilitate the development and finalization of project documents, provide technical assistance to CTF supported activities at country and/or regional level, Facilitate reporting and communications activities related to CTF projects;
- Provide technical support and backstopping to field projects;
- Develop guidance to countries on food safety risk analysis, risk profiling, risk ranking and risk communication including the preparation of technical reports and briefs;
- Develop and implement field activities which contribute to improvement of food safety systems including development of tools and training materials related to the implementation and the monitoring of the control measures;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree (for Consultants) / University degree (only for PSA) in Agricultural and Food Sciences, Food Sciences, agricultural economics or related field;
- Five years of relevant experience in food control systems in terms of project design/implementation and implementation of control measures including Good Hygienic Practices (GHPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian. (For PSA, working knowledge of English only).
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory framework and implementation instruments including food standards and Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS measures)
- Working knowledge of both English and French will be an important asset.
How to Apply
2. Job Title: Senior Gender Officer
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning, implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The Senior Gender Officer reports to the Regional Programme Leader.
Leadership and conceptual thinking for the development and implementation of comprehensive technical, statistical and/or analytical frameworks to support the programme of work and related products, projects and services in accordance with the FAO Strategic Framework.
- Plans, manages, or leads highly specialized or multi-disciplinary teams, leads, coordinates, and/or participates on Organization-wide, cross-Departmental committees, project teams, and working groups, and/or provides technical leadership/secretariat services on technical networks and/or international technical policy and standard setting bodies;
- Analyses global and country specific requirements as well as agricultural, economic, social, environmental factors to provide critical input into the FAO Strategic Framework, Programme of Work as well as Detailed Work Plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies;
- Implements and monitors work programmes involving the conception and development of comprehensive statistical and/or analytical frameworks including early warning, medium and long-term plans and strategies, leading edge tools, methods, systems and databases, critical indicators, and/or policy models, etc;
- Oversees and reviews data collection, validation, analysis and reporting activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovation, FAO flagship publications/yearbooks, and/or on-going programme development as well as technical and/or policy advisory services;
- Provides technical and policy advice to Member Countries and technical support to decentralized offices in the development and implementation of their programmes of work;
- Plans, organizes and participates in capacity development activities involving the provision of advice, technical assistance projects, training workshops, seminars, and meetings as well as oversees the development of related materials, on-line tools and information kits;
- Represents the Organization at international/inter-governmental meetings and conferences, advocates strategic partnerships, best practices, and increased policy dialogue and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with international and national partners;
- Leads and/or participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the Corporate strategy.
- Ensures that all policies and programmes supporting FAO’s gender equality policy are implemented in FAO’s field programme of the region / sub-regions;
- Ensures that gender equality, women’s empowerment, strengthening resilience and reducing poverty, improving livelihoods, food and nutrition security, strengthening economic inclusion to achieve inclusive value chains and expanding access to social protection are addressed, monitored and reported on for all narrative and field activities;
- Acts as regional gender focal point and develops and monitors regional strategies for FAO’s support to the incorporation of gender, equality, inclusiveness, strengthening resilience – for example through social protection systems, rural economic inclusion and increasing rural employment –, into agriculture and rural development policies, programmes and projects in Sub-Saharan Africa member countries, taking into account regional priorities and global policy positions and diverse tools and approaches to reduce hunger and poverty;
- Provides guidance and technical support for capacity building of staff in FAO, member countries and regional economic bodies in the areas of needs assessment, sex-disaggregated collection and analysis of socio-economic data, particularly for gender and equity differentiated research and impact analysis of agricultural and rural development policies, programmes, and institutions;
- Coordinates and strengthens the functioning of the regional network of Gender Focal Points (GFP) comprising sub-regional and country offices and helps to consolidate a network of gender experts in the region capable of assisting Member States to integrate gender, equity, and inclusive approaches in their policies, programmes, and projects;
- Leads the gender work at regional level and contributes to the development, implementation, and reporting on FAO’s Strategic Programme work with emphasis on topics related to gender mainstreaming in food and nutrition security, poverty reduction, building resilience, inclusive value chains and production systems;
- Liaises and maintains close collaboration with the African Union Commission, the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Planning and Coordinating Agency, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), investment partners, and other stakeholders in the Africa Region (e.g., UN, Africa Development Bank, NGOs, producer and civil society organizations) to strengthen the participation and influence of rural women and food insecure groups in policy processes and to ensure complementarity in the provision of technical assistance in these areas;
- Mainstreams gender in FAO’s work on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Performs other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in political science, economics, institutional development, social sciences, gender or other relevant social sciences;
- Ten years of relevant experience in socio-economic analysis, policy formulation, capacity building in relation to gender in FAO’s areas of work;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
- Results Focus
- Leading, Engaging and Empowering
- Partnering and Advocating
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strategic Thinking
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential;
- Working knowledge of both English and French will be an important asset;
- Extent and relevance of experience in analyzing and integrating gender dimensions into policy and programme formulation, implementation and assessment, particularly in the areas of sustainable food and agriculture development, nutrition poverty reduction and improved livelihoods, and management of natural resources;
- Extent and relevance of analytical and professional experience related to policy support and gender policy analysis, including knowledge of policy-related capacity development, policy dialogue approaches and policy support tools;
- Extent and relevance in conducting socio-economic research, analyze sex disaggregated data and statistics, and apply findings to strengthen agricultural and rural development, food security and nutrition, and poverty reduction including resilience and social protection policies and programmes;
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize resources and scale up investments in areas of gender inclusion;
- Extent and relevance of experience in organizing international meetings, seminars and training courses.
How to Apply
How to Apply for Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Job Recruitment
To apply for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Ghana
|Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Police Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nation Builders Corps Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Immigration Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Prisons Recruitment||2019/2020|
|MTN Ghana Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Health Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Schoolgh for Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Jobs 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Schoolgh is the one-stop place for Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Ghana. Schoolgh ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get job recruitment notification on recent Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Recruitment 2020 openings across Ghana.|
|Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Jobs Region in Ghana?|
|Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Recruits across the 10 regions in Ghana. This includes Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Jobs in Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Sekondi and Ho. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations may sometimes accept job application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated region of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Job Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends: