EIFL Public Library Innovation Award 2019 for Developing Countries
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for EIFL Public Library Innovation Award 2019 for Developing Countries…Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
EIFL Public Library Innovation Award 2019
We are delighted to announce that the EIFL Public Library Innovation Award – for public library services that improve lives – is now open.
- Eligible Countries: Developing and Transition Countries
- Type: Contest
- Number of Awards: There will be more than one award – the number of award-winners will depend on the quality and diversity of applications received.
- Value of Award: The prize includes US$1,500 and wide publicity through EIFL’s global communication channels and networks.
Programme Description: The award is open to all public and community libraries in developing and transition countries that use information and communication technology (ICT) to improve lives in their communities by addressing any of the following issues, which are included in the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development:
- Economic wellbeing and employment
- Farming and sustainable agriculture
- Health and hygiene
- Digital inclusion
- Gender equality and empowerment of women and girls
- Education for all
- Climate change and other issues affecting the environment
Eligibility: To enter the competition, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a public or community library.
- The library must be in a transition or developing economy country.
- The service you are submitting must use digital information and communication technology (ICT).
- The service should have started after January 2016.
- The service must be operational at the time of application.
- You must provide evidence of positive results of the service or impact in the community.
- Only one service can be presented in the application. Other services or projects presented in the application will not be considered.
Award Provider: The award is offered by the EIFL Public Library Innovation Programme (EIFL-PLIP). The EIFL Public Library Innovation Programme is supported by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- We will not consider innovative library services that (1) only offer free public access to computers and the internet; 2) only offer ICT skills training; 3) only provide access to digital information resources and collections.
- We expect applicants to demonstrate results (impact) of the services in their communities, showing how the service improves lives / contributes to overcoming the development need addressed.
- This is an award for existing services. We will not accept applications seeking funding to start new services.
Application Deadline: 5th December 2018.
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of EIFL Public Library Innovation Award 2019 for Developing Countries
for more information.