David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships for African Undergraduate Students 2018 – Nigeria
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships
David Oyedepo Foundation is offering full tuition scholarship for African students to study at the Covenant University and Landmark University for undergraduate degrees.
Application Deadline: 15th July, 2018
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to citizens and residents of African Countries
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
Schools: Covenant University or Landmark University
Field of Study: Programs covered by the DOF Special Scholarship Award are: Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information & Communications Technology, Petroleum Engineering, Architecture, Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Economics, Accounting, Animal Science, Soil Science, Crop Science, Agricultural And Biosystem Engineering, Electrical And Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry
About the Award: The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria.
Offered Since: 2015
Eligibility: The David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award is open to Young Africans who:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Selection Criteria: Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance to the University stipulated time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level
Duration of Program: The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years (subject to the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
How to Apply: Read the application instructions and complete the online applications. http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission to Landmark University is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received.
Sponsors: The David Oyedepo Foundation