DAAD/University of Postdam Full PhD Scholarships for Developing Countries 2019/2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for DAAD/University of Postdam Full PhD Scholarships for Developing Countries 2019/2020…Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
DAAD/University of Postdam Full PhD Scholarships 2019/2020
Funded by the Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the NatRiskChange Research Training Group now offers two full DAAD PhD scholarships at the Institute of Earth and Environmental Sciences of University of Potsdam, Germany for a period of four years.
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries
- Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
- Type: PhD
- Number of scholarships: 2
- To be taken at (country): Germany
Programme Description: The working titles of the projects are:
“Forecasting of Urban Flash Floods Based on Rainfall Radar Image Analysis and Urban Hydrological Modelling”
“Development of a consistent and transferable method to identify most effective locations for dyke relocations on landscape scale”
Responsibilities: The PhD student will be based at the Institute of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Potsdam. He/she is expected to participate in group seminars and research activities within the graduate school as well as in teaching activities in undergraduate level.
- Handicapped applicants will be given preference in case of equal suitability. The NatRiskChange consortium strives to increase the proportion of women in research and specifically encourages females to apply for these positions.
- At the time when DAAD receives the nomination letter, applicants must not have resided in Germany for more than 15 months prior to the nomination.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship includes
- a monthly rate of 1200 Euro
- travel support and potential support for studies and research
- combined insurance (health, accident, liability)
- potential support for rent, or family allowance
- full funding for a German language course in Germany of up to 6 months, preceding the scholarship
The selected candidate will be fully integrated in the activities and the teaching curriculum of the NatRiskChange Research Training Group, and enjoy the vibrant international research environment in the Institute of Earth and Environmental Science at the University of Potsdam, located around 40 km from the center of Berlin. The schedule and length of the language course will be determined after consultation with the selected candidates.At the time when DAAD receives the nomination letter, applicants must not have resided in Germany for more than 15 months prior to the nomination.
Application Form – How to Apply:
Applications should include the following components: a detailed CV, a letter of motivation, a brief research concept (approx. 2 pages) for the PhD project, a record of studies, master and bachelor certificates including a transcript of records, an English synopsis of the Master thesis, a list of publications, oral and/or poster presentations at conferences, and two letters of recommendation. Applications can only be submitted through https://www.geo-x.net/daad-gssp/.
Based on the applications, the University of Potsdam will, in a first stage, nominate two to four candidates. These candidates will be required to submit a full application to the DAAD which will then, in a second stage, be evaluated by DAAD. Candidates will be informed in detail about the second stage in case they are nominated after the first stage. The actual scholarship and the related PhD study are envisaged to start in April to October 2019
Application Deadline: 15th October 2018.
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of DAAD/University of Postdam Full PhD Scholarships for Developing Countries 2019/2020 for more information.