DAAD In-Country In-Region Competitive Masters & PhD Scholarships 2019 for African Students.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for DAAD In-Country In-Region Competitive Masters & PhD Scholarships 2019… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
DAAD In-Country In-Region Competitive Masters & PhD Scholarships 2019
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with Makerere University is once again in a position to offer up to 6 Ph.D. scholarships in Plant Breeding and up to 8 Masters scholarships in Environment and Natural Resources for the 2019 intake:
- Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
- To be taken at (country): Makerere University, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
- Type: Masters, PhD
- Number of Awards: Up to 6 PhD scholarships in Plant Breeding and up to 8 Masters scholarships in Environment and Natural Resources
- Value of Award: DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the scholarship information sheet. The value of the scholarship is on the information sheet.
In addition to the specific application requirements of the study programme/course you are applying for, please note the following DAAD application requirements:
• Citizenship of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results
• Proof of admission to Makerere University to the desired degree programme or official letter assuring admission
• For PhD applicants: Evidence of being a staff of a public or private university (or candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment).
Duration of Programme: The awards are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master) and three years (Ph.D.). The scholarship is initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application by using a form to be availed at the appropriate time in the DAAD Portal. The application for renewal has to be submitted at least one month before the scholarship period expires.
Application Forms – How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2019
- 5.00 pm.
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of DAAD In-Country In-Region Competitive Masters & Ph.D. Scholarships 2019 for African Students for more information.