Creative Associates Recruitment 2019 for Communications Specialist
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Creative Associates Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Creative Associates Recruitment 2019
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- Languages: English & French
- Position Location: Accra, Ghana
Creative Associates International (Creative Associates) is implementing USAID/West Africa’s program Partnerships for Peace (P4P). The five-year program is partnering with stakeholders at the regional, national, and sub-national levels across several West African countries, to develop a shared foundational understanding of counter violent extremism (CVE) approaches; to increase governmental and civil society leadership of CVE efforts; and to improve regional coordination.
The Communications Specialist will work closely with the P4P regional team based in Accra, and the P4P Country Representatives in four countries to manage external and internal communications and promote P4P activities to a broad audience. S/he will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on P4P’s behalf. Communication efforts will include a focus on external outreach to ensure public awareness of project activities and facilitate information access and sharing to strengthen reporting functions.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Communications Specialist will report to the Chief of Party
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies
- In collaboration with the P4P Technical team and Creative Home Office, develop communication materials in English and French (fact sheets, fliers, banners, brochures, newsletters etc.) for dissemination to project stakeholders and/or the donor
- Draft content in French for press releases and other project communications materials for P4P activities
- Prepare weekly, quarterly and annual program reports for dissemination to USAID
Required Skills or Experience
- Successful applicant should have a strong knowledge of communications processes. As the position involves dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and organizations, the prospective candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or related field
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have 4 years of general work experience and 2+ years of experience specific to communications or working in the media
- Excellent oral and written English & French language skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing), speak persuasively, express complex issues in simple terms and present ideas clearly and concisely
- Experience overseeing communications on projects funded by USAID or other international donors is an asset
- Excellent strategic thinking
- Strong managerial skills and proven record of achieving results
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications (Word, Powerpoint etc.), websites, and social media as powerful communications tools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, partners, other implementing partners and the public
- Proven ability to seize opportunities as they arise, work with a variety of stakeholders and promote their participation in the project implementation process
- Capacity to work under tight deadlines and to handle potentially controversial and/or very sensitive issues that require clarity, accuracy and speedy responses
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter and a CV/Resume in English to [email protected] and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header.
- The position will be open until filled.
- Please also provide a one-page writing sample in English and French.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer