British Government Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. British Government Vacancies 2020 Application Form, British Government Jobs 2020, British Government Career Portal, Requirements for British Government Job Recruitment 2020.
British Government Job Vacancies 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 British Government Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on schoolgh.com as well as on the official website.
British Government Recruitment Details:
|Deadline||7 October 2020|
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at British Government. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Head of Corporate Services
Main purpose of job:
The successful applicant will provide strategic direction to corporate services; leading an efficient, cost effective and professionalised team to deliver a customer-focussed corporate platform to the whole British High Commission, including its 250 staff from 16 different UK departments.
As the driving force for corporate delivery, the successful applicant will be a core member of the senior leadership team and Management Board. You will think strategically, and providing corporate, financial and local insight to inform decision-making. You will advise directly both the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner.
The successful applicant will manage the heads of finance and procurement, estates and facilities, information and insight, IT, and the Corporate Services Manager (your deputy). Through them, you will lead a diverse team of over 100 corporate staff, and budget of £5m.
You will be energetic and focussed on delivering a quality service that serves the changing needs of the British High Commission. You will display an openness to change, able to challenge with respect, and be honest and act with integrity.
This role is also part of a global UK pilot project, testing how to deliver corporate services (finance, HR, estates, protocol) within a functional model. As such, the successful candidate will demonstrate a flexible approach to being part of an evolving project.
Roles and responsibilities:
Strategic Planning and Leadership 30%
- To provide strategic leadership and planning in support of the corporate agenda including the country business plan and risk management. To advise the Management Board and High Commissioner (and deputy) on corporate strategy, service delivery, customer feedback, and risks.
- Manage the corporate services ‘platform’ (ie the High Commission estate, finance IT, etc) to support 16 different UK departments.
- Act as trusted advisor to local leadership and UK partners on the platform, ‘horizon scanning’ locally to enable proactive resource and activity planning (working with the Regional Corporate Services Lead once in post).
- Actively build and deepen relationships with key leaders internally and within regional and global hubs, and with external partners (ie diplomatic missions, GRA and SSNIT, government departments, banks, and suppliers) to maintain informed on current corporate knowledge.
- Ensure local policies are reviewed and aligned to global and local requirement and adopted by all partners on the platform.
- To line manager five senior staff (heads of finance and procurement, estates and facilities, information and insight, IT, and the Corporate Services Manager – your deputy) and, through them, to lead over 100 others, including: technicians, artisans, gardeners, drivers, and professional specialists.
- Lead on the overall employer proposition, including terms and conditions of service and pay and benefits for locally employed staff (LS), ensuring compliance with local labour law.
- Provide guidance and act as an escalation point on sensitive staff matters for diplomatic and local staff, including management issues and dispute resolution, engaging with specialist HR functions where necessary.
- Instil a continuous improvement mentality within the team, leading on corporate projects and the change management required to deliver them.
- Champion and embed a collaborative and inclusive culture.
- Support regional teams, influencing at a senior level to maintain and strengthen inclusiveness.
- Mentor and coach staff from across the High Commission, supporting their personal and professional development.
- Lead and monitor the delivery of services against the High Commission’s corporate services charter.
- Instil and monitor a customer-service approach to deliver corporate services. Actively monitor and respond to customer feedback from all staff and stakeholders (irrespective of grade). Relentlessly pursue continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Oversee all corporate delivery across finance, HR, protocol, etc, working closely with the regional HR, finance and procurement hubs and the Global Processing Transaction Centre (GTPC). Ensure full use of self-service access to corporate services and regionalised services.
- Direct the management of the estate, ensuring that UK and local standards are met through planned and reactive maintenance and in compliance with corporate procedures, including local and UK health and safety regulations and policy.
- Oversee any change programmes across our estate and ensure delivery is to agreed timelines and standards.
- Act as the ‘intelligent client’, identifying requirements, appropriate service level agreements and key performance indicators to manage and monitor supplier contracts.
- Oversee the local delegated budget of £6m (and directly manage £5m of it) in accordance with corporate policies to ensure on-budget expenditure and value for money.
- Respond to operational crises, providing leadership and flexing team prioritisation as required.
- Ensure cross training within corporate services roles to provide resilience within the teams and across the region.
- Ensure well-being and engagement are maintained within the corporate services team, seeking regular feedback and embedding the values of resilience and respect.
- Once in place, work with the Regional Corporate Services Lead to plan long term resource and development needs.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Line management of 5 staff, countersign for 20 staff, and leadership of over 100 people.
- Responsibility for the Corporate Services budget – currently £5M
- Minimum 3 years of senior management experience working for an international organisation (either commercial, INGO, or diplomatic mission).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience at middle management or above in corporate services.
- Experience in managing cross functional teams
- Confidence to challenge and influence very senior stakeholders
- Extensive line management experience, and confidence in delivering difficult messages, with respect.
- A can-do attitude, with an openness to change and new ideas.
- Proven honesty and integrity. High levels of discretion.
- Extensive experience in managing suppliers and outsourced service delivery.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- A specialism and/or a relevant qualification in either HR, finance, procurement, change management, or corporate insight.
- An understanding of risk management, and confidence in a risk-based approach.
- Numerically literate, and confidence in handling large data sets and providing evidence for decision making.
- Experience of coaching or mentoring other staff.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 7 Oct, 2020
2. Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Assist in drawing up Contracts for Joint Corporate Services related Procurement
- Analyse procurement requirements and selects the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices, and experience
- Plan, organize and lead on the bid process including drafting and issuing letters, developing bid evaluation criteria for processes involved;
- Sit on evaluation committees, to ensure the integrity of the competitive process and exercises appropriate judgement and tact while ensuring to protect confidential information;
- Analyses, negotiates and prepares contractual agreements, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of both BHC/DFID
- Run reports and complete housekeeping tasks.
- Help to resolve any discrepancies
- Liaison Officer for Post Medical Insurance Contract: In charge of the Medical Insurance cover for both the UKBA and Dependants, and for LESA and their Dependants: This is for both the Apex Health Insurance and the International SOS/WARA contracts.
- Ensure that standards are achieved and maintained through investing in the capability of the team. Also develop commercial capability of local based staff working with or having responsibility for procurement.
- Support staff at Post on low value procurement activity including optimisation of suppliers. Achieved through challenging assumptions, quantifying the need and providing advice and guidance, and driving low value procurements through GPC.
- Ensure compliance with legal and procurement regulatory requirements on all new supplier set ups. Monitor SLA for supplier set ups and engage with customers on any non-compliance with policies, rules and legal requirements.
- Create regular opportunities for staff and customers to help improve service quality and demonstrate a visible involvement. Work with the Hub’s procurement team to develop and to standardise new policies and processes to ensure compliance across board.
- Work with finance colleagues at post on developing processes and tools to ensure that procurement activity is accurately reflected in business plans and budgets.
- Any other related duties assigned by Line Manager.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience in procurement and contract management
- Demonstrable market research skills within procurement framework
- Demonstrable stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service background
- High proficiency with MS Office suite
- A relevant degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- A degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or equivalent
How to Apply
Closing Date : 30 Sept, 2020
How to Apply for British Government Job Recruitment
To apply for the British Government Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest British Government Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum British Government Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Ghana
|Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Police Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nation Builders Corps Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Immigration Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Prisons Recruitment||2019/2020|
|MTN Ghana Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Health Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Schoolgh for British Government Jobs 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Schoolgh is the one-stop place for British Government Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Ghana. Schoolgh ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get job recruitment notification on recent British Government Recruitment 2020 openings across Ghana.|
|British Government Jobs Region in Ghana?|
|British Government Recruits across the 10 regions in Ghana. This includes British Government Jobs in Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Sekondi and Ho. British Government may sometimes accept job application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated region of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021|
|Successors World Limited Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021|
|JD - Link Oil Company Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021||06 August, 2020|
|Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021|
|Vodafone Ghana Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021||04 June, 2021|
|Bolt Recruitment 2020/2021||May 21, 2021||24 April, 2021|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the British Government Job Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.