Barclays Bank Recruitment 2019 for Strategy Analyst
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Barclays Bank Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Barclays Bank Recruitment 2019
The Strategy Analyst will form part of the Financial Decision Support & Strategy team with a specific focus on supporting strategy analytics:
- Support the Head of Strategy in organising, synthesising and analysing data. This data will include, but not be limited to detailed MI on the business, economy and operating environment
- Own the competitor analysis for the bank. Produce insightful publications / packs. Track competitor activity. Develop and utilise frameworks for analysing competitor behaviours. Drive the overall bank’s strategy through insights gained, trends analysed and recommendations thereof.
- Own the industry analysis for the bank – lead on issuing topical / relevant data on a timely basis. Offer insight into potential impact to the bank
- Draw insightful linkages between policy, macroeconomic factors and develop a robust approach to understanding the strategic options in response to changes in the operating environment
- Produce regular economic, competitor and industry updates that are quick, easy to digest and helpful for the bank
- Lead the preparation and confirmation of the Bank-wide scorecard. Track this against acutals
- Production of Strategy papers, including Board level documents
- Develop innovative ways of understanding the business better (e.g. sensitivity analysis)
Adhoc strategic analysis. Assist in Financial planning and reporting analysis as required from time to time.
Communication skills Practitioner
- Actively planning and preparing communications materials and adapting them for different audiences
- Good writing and presentation skills for senior management presentations.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
Make Informed-Decision Practitioner
- Is able to identify the information needed to make an informed decision as each situation arises
- Detail oriented – Is able to assess data quality, identify data errors and make error calculations and interpretations
- Understanding of the macro economics and its impact on the Banking industry
IT Proficiency Advanced
- Excellent ability to utilise Excel spreadsheets. (Pivot tables, lookups, charts, compound formulae, formatting).
- Understanding of how to structure data to ensure robust, error free analysis
- Is able to produce meaningful Management Information and present it in a relevant user-friendly format to inform stakeholders
Make Relationships Work Practitioner
- Is able to build and develop trust and rapport with other people.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts into actionable packages of work
- First degree in Economics (preferred), or a Mathematical Scientific subject (Physics, Mathematics, engineering, Computer Science or related field) from a recognized university
- At least 4 years’ experience in a numerate role in a challenging business environment
- Understanding of Strategic frameworks (Porters five forces, Nine box models, Balanced scorecard)
- Good understanding of financial services
- Knowledge and experience of the Ghanaian Banking Sector
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s systems and data sources. Appreciates the flaws in data and how best to approximate around them.
- An understanding of Absa Regional Operations structure and interfaces e.g. Corporate, Small Business etc.
- A good working knowledge of the economy and of the basics of business finance
- Self starter – is intellectually curious, is keen to self-develop and drives to complete outcomes.
- Highly organised – able manage completion of multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Good time management – shows discipline in timelines and is focussed on timely delivery for key stakeholders
- Energetic – executes efficiently, always seeking to improve the value delivery to key stakeholders.
- Is able to handle ambiguity – can function equally well when grounded in detail as well as when having to make informed assumptions. Shows an appreciation for how best to draw insight from situations that are not always well defined.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: