Banyan Global Job Vacancies 2020 for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting a local Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist with experience in project monitoring and leading performance M&E activities to support an anticipated health program in Ghana.
- Provide leadership and direction on monitoring, evaluation and learning to ensure the program achieves its goals and corresponding objectives and targets
- Lead the development and implementation of the program’s monitoring plan to capture project performance and results, including routine ongoing monitoring and reporting of data and baseline, midline and endline assessments
- Supporting ongoing and periodic reporting to USAID by providing written documentation on monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, program performance and indicator results as appropriate
- Lead strategic collaboration activities with key stakeholders to promote ongoing learning and adaptive management
- Use data to promote adaptive management and contribute towards strategic decision-making and project planning with project leadership
- Provide strategic and technical support to the refinement and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Learning approach including the on-going design of MEL activities and assuring the quality of implementation
- Lead the completion of the appropriate Internal Review Board (IRB) approval process for the programs monitoring, evaluation and learning design.
- Conduct routine monitoring of quantitative and qualitative data
- Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with project staff, implementing partners and facility staff
- Organize and manage M&E training activities for project staff
- Ensure the timely achievement of related indicators, performance criteria, and benchmarks
- Advanced degree in monitoring and evaluation, health, statistics, social science, or other relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience participating in monitoring and evaluations activities for USAID-funded international development projects including but not limited to collecting and analyzing data, developing project indicators, and supporting performance monitoring and reporting.
- Prior experience working in the health sector and/or health programs, experience with maternal, newborn and child health, reproductive health and family planning preferred
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Familiarity with USAID evaluation policy and reporting guidelines and the collaborating, learning and adapting framework
- Fluency in English required
- Candidates should be Ghanaian nationals or legal residents of Ghana
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.