Baker Hughes Recruitment 2019 for Buying/Procurement Specialist
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Baker Hughes Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Baker Hughes Recruitment 2019
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE has an opportunity for a Buying/ Procurement Specialist to join its operations in Ghana
- Under general supervision, manages various aspects of supplier relationships including contract negotiations, delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management and customer satisfaction
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals
- May select and negotiate with approved vendors
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines
- May train lower level buyers
- Reviews bids and contracts submitted by lower level buyers before orders are placed
- Actively drives supplier improvement activities and supplier program reviews
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules
- May recommend new developments in materials and supplies
- Fosters active daily use of continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement and customer satisfaction
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- 2+ years procurement, sourcing or similar experience
- Applies stand-alone knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data
- Knowledge of SAP
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications – including advanced level knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced work environment
- Order Management experience a plus
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more