Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Recruitment 2019 for Unit Manager – Process Maintenance
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Recruitment 2019
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Asanko Gold Inc. and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Asanko Gold Inc. are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. This is a position with a competitive work roster. Remuneration package includes attractive salary.
This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities
Position: Unit Manager – Process Maintenance
- Directs, maintains and enforces the safety program for process maintenance; reviews safety policies and procedures to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance personnel;
- Communicates and interact directly with the process plant operational personnel and Services Departments to coordinate maintenance and repair work in all process areas;
- Manages and controls the maintenance team to implement effective maintenance and repair work
practices in all process areas;
- Develops, implements and monitors short and long term plans, goals and objectives and focus on achieving the department’s objectives;
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated to ensure achievement of maintenance programs in a safe, timely and cost effective manner;
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Initiates and carries out projects that improves efficiency and/or reduce operating costs;
- Ensures Minerals Commission and Machinery Inspection regulations relating to engineering maintenance are met at all times;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Desired Skills & Experience q Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary
institution; q Minimum of Engineering Superintendent Certificate of Competency issued by Minerals Commission of
Ghana; q 5 -8 years’ experience in process maintenance in a large gold mine; q Initiates project that improves plant efficiency or reduce operating cost; q Problem solving and decision making skills; q Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation; q Dynamic knowledge and understanding of process engineering practices; q Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
q Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management; q Medically fit for the position and environment; q Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
How to Apply