Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Recruitment 2019 For Unit Manager – Process Maintenance
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Recruitment 2019
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Asanko Gold Inc. and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Asanko Gold Inc. are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. This is a position with a
competitive work roster. Remuneration package includes attractive salary. This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities
Position: Unit Manager – Process Maintenance
• Directs, maintains and enforces the safety program for process maintenance; reviews safety policies and
procedures to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance personnel;
• Communicates and interact directly with the process plant operational personnel and Services Departments to coordinate maintenance and repair work in all process areas;
• Manages and controls the maintenance team to implement effective maintenance and repair work practices in all process areas;
• Develops, implements and monitors short and long term plans, goals and objectives and focus on achieving the department’s objectives;
• Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated to ensure achievement of maintenance programs in a safe, timely and cost effective manner;
• Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement;
• Initiates and carries out projects that improves efficiency and/or reduce operating costs;
• Ensures Minerals Commission and Machinery Inspection regulations relating to engineering maintenance are met at all times;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
• Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary
• Minimum of Engineering Superintendent Certificate of Competency issued by Minerals Commission of
• 5 -8 years’ experience in process maintenance in a large gold mine;
• Initiates project that improves plant efficiency or reduce operating cost;
• Problem solving and decision making skills;
• Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation;
• Dynamic knowledge and understanding of process engineering practices;
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management;
• Medically fit for the position and environment;
• Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
1. Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to
the role you are applying for
2. Limit your CV to 4 pages
3. Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two
4. List your most recent positions first
5. Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
6. Please ensure you email [email protected] when applying for a job.
7. Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Unit Manager – HR & Administration, Asanko Gold Ghana Limited
No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road, Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra – Ghana.
Closing Date: 20 April, 2019
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.