Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) LTD Recruitment 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Vacancy For Shaft Maintenance Supervisor
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Shaft Maintenance Supervisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Shaft Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for coordinating the work, training, monitoring and control of quality, of cage operators and shaft maintenance technicians to ensure the operation is at all times fully compliant with LI2182, safe, operational and Engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
• The role holder is accountable for Shaft maintenance team in Statutory Inspections of Shafts, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all other shaft related Jobs in accordance/compliance LI2182.
• Ensure Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control.
• Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the Shaft maintenance in Statutory Inspections of Shafts, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all other shaft related Jobs in accordance/compliance LI2182, Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan.
• Communicate environmental-related workplace instruction to all employees
• Ensure zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
• Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
• Execute timely completion of shaft maintenance.
• Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
• Monitor and ensure the shaft maintenance and refurbishment work is of a standard that is compliant, supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
• Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
• Work with the team of Specialists to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
• Coordinate the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
• Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
• Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
• Verify that the shaft refurbishment remains within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
• Develop the risk and risk mitigation plans and activities for all winder training work.
• Develop the plan to ensure shaft availability is developed in line with the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
• Develop and maintain the shaft maintenance portion of the Shaft Engineering Management Plan, as a key Project Execution Plan sub plan for the area of accountability
• Arrange input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
• Attend departmental review meetings as required.
• Attend regular refurbishment Engineering, Mining and Construction progress meetings in the area of accountability.
• Advise progress and KPI status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, and schedule or quality variances.
• Participate in internal and external audits as required.
• Continuously identify and collate opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes in the area of accountability.
• Plan driver training to provide sufficient qualified personnel during refurbishment to ensure operation of plant and equipment in the area of accountability to support the commissioning process.
• Inspect all refurbishment works to ensure drivers can deliver in accordance with requirements and expectations.
• Proactively identify and manage change to avoid potential cost, schedule and quality issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A tertiary qualification in Engineering or MET II
• Shaft Maintenance experience will be an advantage
• Slinging Practices knowledge will be an advantage.
• An experienced Shaft Operations Specialist with 5+ years’ experience in underground mining.
• Knowledge of SAP Skills module.
• MINCOM Certification, or to be obtained within one year.
• Banksmen/Onsetter certification or ability to obtain.
• Strong Shaft Operations competencies in underground mining
• Excellent knowledge of requirements of LI2182
• Sound project management skills
• Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
• Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
• Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
• Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
• Knowledge in AGA standards
• Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
• Demonstrated understanding of good Engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
• Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
• Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs.
• Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
• Consistent with the company values
• Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
• To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 18 March, 2021