Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AGRA Recruitment 2021.
Job Vacancy For Country Manager
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Tinder this strategy. AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation from a country perspective, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Country Manager, Ghana.
The role will be based in Accra, Ghana.
• Reporting to the Regional Head, West Africa the Country Manager, Ghana will represent AGRA in Ghana and will act as the catalyst for AGRA’s integrated interventions by coordinating activities and building necessary relationships with the government, private sector, donors and other key stakeholders. Sale will lead the country to actively manage the AGRA Ghana strategies, while maintaining close linkages with Nairobi technical divisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop the country plans on an annual basis in collaboration with wider AGRA teams.
• Identify and pursue opportunities to mobilize resources in support of AGRA’s priorities and/or advocating for public and private sector stakeholders to scale AGRA’s demonstrated intervention models in country.
• Direct program officers to research and develop grantee consultants in the country as needed
• Build on expertise of AGRA program officers in the of areas of soil fertility, policy, and farmer organizations to enhance the operations of country strategies and link program investments and activities to other AGRA initiatives.
Qualification Required & Experience
Key Qualifications and Experience required:
• Masters degree in Agriculture, Economics or related disciplines
• A relevant Doctorate degree will be an added advantage Minimum of 10 years’ experience in agriculture related international development work.
• At least 5 years of management experience, particularly over diverse teams working across diverse geographies.
• Experience working with a large multinational development agency in a management and coordination role is an advantage.
• Experience working on teams with a purview over both domestic-wide and regional activities.
• Professional development programs in leadership and management including financial and staff supervision/performance management.
• Proficient in program management, program design and M&E.
• Good command of English and a working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
• An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
How To Apply For The Job
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position. kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including the subject line of the application e-mail, your e-mail and telephone contacts)
Please quote the job reference number.
Closing Date: 30 March, 2021
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.