African Development Bank Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. African Development Bank Vacancies 2020 Application Form, African Development Bank Jobs 2020, African Development Bank Career Portal, Requirements for African Development Bank Job Recruitment 2020.
African Development Bank Job Vacancies 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 African Development Bank Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on schoolgh.com as well as on the official website.
African Development Bank Recruitment Details:
|Company||African Development Bank|
|Deadline||07 June, 2020|
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at African Development Bank. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Principal Evaluation Officer
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 Regional Member Countries in Africa. The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely light up and power Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and Improve the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and strategic direction to the African Development Bank Group. It is composed of Executive Directors who are representatives of the African Development Bank member countries. Specifically the Board is responsible for the conduct of the general operations of the Bank, and carries out the following functions: (1) determine the general structure of the Bank’s services; (2) approve the financing policy and take decisions concerning loans, guarantees, equity investments and fund loans by the Bank; (3) determine the interest rates of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations program and administrative budget; (5) prepare the work of the Board of Governors; and (6) submit accounts and annual reports, as well as the administrative budgets for the approval of the Board of Governors. The Board does its work through a series of permanent Committees that review and discuss policy and program documents and make appropriate recommendations to the whole Board. The Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); and the Administrative Tribunal (BATR) report to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching mission of the African Development Bank’s Independent Development Evaluation is to enhance the development effectiveness of the Bank and foster sustainable growth and poverty reduction in its regional member countries through independent and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation processes and products, and proactive engagement in evaluation partnerships and knowledge-sharing activities. To support the Bank Group in achieving greater development effectiveness, the independent evaluation function has adopted three core objectives:
- Contribute to enhanced learning in the Bank and regional member countries to improve current and future policies, strategies, programs, projects, and processes.
- Provide a basis for accountability to the public and to member countries by documenting the use and results of the Bank Group’s assistance.
- Promote an evaluation culture in the Bank and regional member countries to encourage a focus on development results, learning, and continuous quality improvement.
The core mandate of the Independent Development Evaluation Department is to conduct independent evaluation studies, provide relevant lessons, develop and harmonize standards and practices, support evaluation capacity development together with partner agencies and attest to the validity of both processes and the results of African Development Bank’s self-evaluation activities. The Independent Development Evaluation Department also collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and multilateral development agencies’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint evaluation of co-financed projects and programs.
The Independent Development Evaluation Department has three divisions: The Power, Energy, Climate Change and Green Growth; Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization; and Integration Evaluations Division (BDEV.1); the Agriculture, Human and Social Development, Country and Corporate Evaluations Division (BDEV.2); and the Knowledge Management Outreach and Capacity Development Division (BDEV.3). The Divisions 1 and 2 focus on undertaking evaluations whilst the Division 3 on Knowledge Management Outreach and Capacity Development.
The BDEV1 division is mainly responsible for evaluations relating to the private sector, infrastructure (including transport, ICT, urban development, water and sanitation), industrialization, power systems, energy, climate change, and green growth.
The Principal Evaluation Officer contributes to the delivery of the division work program by leading moderately complex evaluations, supervising evaluation teams, and mentoring and coaching junior colleagues, and supporting work programme management and the Independent Development Evaluation Department’s quality assurance activities of the Bank’s interventions (including policies, strategies and operations) in the areas covered by the Division, in particular activities related to the private sector, infrastructure (including transport, ICT, urban development, water and sanitation), industrialization, power systems, energy, climate change, and green growth.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager Division.1, the Principal Evaluation Officer will:
- Undertake Evaluation Activities: Design, conduct and report on evaluations in accordance with the Bank’s Evaluation Policy and Manual and international evaluation standards (e.g., OECD DAC evaluation standards and the Evaluation Cooperation Group Good Practice Standards).
- Undertake Meta-Evaluations and Meta-Analyses; Lead, and guide meta-evaluations and meta-analyses including designs, and methods (for literature search, and data collection, analysis and reporting).
- Undertake Evaluation Quality Management: Contribute to updating the Independent Development Evaluation Department evaluation quality standards, and quality assurance processes, tools and capacity.
- Contribute to the capture of learning from evaluation design to evaluation dissemination for use in updating the Independent Development Evaluation Department evaluation manual, and for staff learning events.
- Manage human and financial resources of a multi-disciplinary evaluation team to ensure the delivery of complex and concurrent evaluations that are conducted in an independent, cost-effective, rigorous and timely manner.
- Promote the mandate of the evaluation function and contribute to the creation of an evaluation culture in the Bank and in Regional Member Countries (RMC).
- Contribute to positioning the Independent Development Evaluation Department as an innovator on the leading-edge among other multilateral institutions and to maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Bank’s Evaluation Function.
- Contribute to building strategic alliances and partnerships with key stakeholders within and outside the Bank to further the Evaluation Function’s mandate and engage in evaluation communities of practice within and outside the Bank. Provide substantive input to these communities and share lessons of experience.
- Contribute to the preparation of Independent Development Evaluation Department’s three-year rolling work programme and annual report.
- Perform any other assigned tasks.
- Holds at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Economics, Development Evaluation, Finance, Business Administration, Sociology, Development, Statistics, Policy analysis, Public administration, or other international development related field. A certificate/diploma in development evaluation, development oriented research and/or program/project planning, management and evaluation is an advantage.
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in as a development evaluator/researcher; designing, conducting, managing, and reporting development evaluation/research studies.
- Significant knowledge in quantitative and/or qualitative evaluation methods.
- Broad knowledge of evaluation theories and practice including evaluation needs assessment, design and implementation.
- Proven operational and field experience working in complex development programs.
- Knowledge of operational/policy areas, procedures and practice of the African Development Bank or other multilateral development Banks and/or other international development agencies.
- Operational experience relating, in particular, to areas covered by the Division, such as private sector, infrastructure (including transport, ICT, urban development, water and sanitation), industrialization, power systems, energy, climate change, and green growth.
- Substantial experience in development planning, management and evaluation in Multilateral Development Banks or other international development agencies
- Strong theoretical and operational knowledge of international development issues and theories relating, in particular, to Africa
- Experience in providing strategic advice to senior management.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff.
- Substantial experience in evaluation in Multilateral Development Banks or other international development agencies desirable.
- Substantial experience in managing human and financial resources.
- Experience to lead multidisciplinary teams, and work in diverse and multi-cultural settings
- Ability to communicate effectively (in writing and orally) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point); knowledge of integrated document management system and/or quantitative and qualitative data analysis packages is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 6th June, 2020
2. Job Title: Principal Budget Officer – Performance Monitoring & Reporting
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Programming and Budget Department, and reporting to the Division Manager, SNPB.2, the incumbent’s work objectives are as follows:
- Coordinate periodic reports to Management and the Board on Bank performance comprising of: (i) Quarterly Budget and Work Performance Report; (ii) Retrospective Review of the Administrative and Capital Expenditure Budgets and Performance Report and; (iii) Other Budget and Performance reports requested by Senior Management or by the Board;
- Coordinate with Business units and the Delivery Performance Management and Results Department (SNDR) to define Institutional Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor the performance of the Bank;
- Liaise with IT Department to develop, maintain and update on a regular basis, a dashboard for KPIs to provide timely information and improve data management;
- Ensure data quality management for reporting purposes and provide quantitative and qualitative analyses on Bank Performance for decision making.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the Principal Budget Officer – Performance Monitoring and Reporting, will coordinate the implementation of the performance monitoring and reporting activities. His/her duties include:
- Coordinate the preparation of the statutory quarterly Budgets and Work Programme Performance Reports of the Bank and any other relevant performance reports as required.
- Lead the analysis on Performance Monitoring Data for periodic assessment of resource utilization status and propose corrective measures for variances to ensure that resources are properly assigned
- Coordinate with Business units and the Delivery Performance Management and Results Department (SNDR) in the development/revision of the KPIs in order to rationalize for more value adding and effective monitoring and reporting system; Monitor Institutional and Complex KPIs against targets set by the Bank;
- Conduct independent research and analyses on Performance and budget issues, identify problems, propose solutions and make recommendations to Management;
- Ensure the enhancement of the Budget and Work Programme Performance Reporting Systems and Dashboards
- Elaborate and coordinate responses to queries from Board Members with respect to the statutory Budgets and Work Programme Performance reports and contribute to the elaboration of the Programming and Budget Document and other Ad-hoc reports;
- Working closely with Business units and the Delivery and Performance Management Unit to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the performance of organizational units on budget and related work programmes.
- Participation in institutional initiatives and working groups on behalf of the division as may be assigned by the Division Manager.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management or related fields;
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience with exposure to international and/or multicultural contexts
- Experience in budgeting and institutional performance reporting for both internal and external audiences
- Good Knowledge of operational strategies, policies, rules, procedures and practices of the Bank or similar institutions.
- Experience in design and implementation of budgeting and performance reporting systems, management information systems and dashboards as well as business process enhancement initiatives.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking capacity: Capacity to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on financial, budget and corporate performance statistics and data and accurately interprete results to derive meaningful information for reporting to senior management and higher levels of authority e.g. Board of Directors
- Demonstrate high degree of attention to details and strong focus on data quality control.
- High-level skills in report writing: Ability to present information clearly and concisely in appropriate style and language to suit the requirements of a specific audience as well as handle sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities under heavy work pressure tight deadlines while maintaining speed and accuracy.
- Problem Solving: Ability to apply business knowledge to diagnose and resolve problems effectively and timely
- Ability to use innovative and creative approaches to enhance performance.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to ensure sound working relationships with colleagues, effectively coordinate team assignments and build partnerships with a broad range of clients to deliver high quality results.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of ERP Systems (preferably SAP), Business Intelligence tools and SAP BW, standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and good knowledge of operational and project management systems.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 07 June, 2020
How to Apply for African Development Bank Job Recruitment
To apply for the African Development Bank Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest African Development Bank Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum African Development Bank Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Ghana
|Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Police Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nation Builders Corps Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Immigration Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Prisons Recruitment||2019/2020|
|MTN Ghana Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Health Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Schoolgh for African Development Bank Jobs 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Schoolgh is the one-stop place for African Development Bank Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Ghana. Schoolgh ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get job recruitment notification on recent African Development Bank Recruitment 2020 openings across Ghana.|
|African Development Bank Jobs Region in Ghana?|
|African Development Bank Recruits across the 10 regions in Ghana. This includes African Development Bank Jobs in Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Sekondi and Ho. African Development Bank may sometimes accept job application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated region of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Quick Angels Limited Recruitment 2020/2021||May 29, 2020||28 June, 2020|
|DKT International Recruitment 2020/2021||May 29, 2020||20 June, 2020|
|Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Recruitment 2020/2021||May 29, 2020||26 June, 2020|
|COA Herbal Centre Recruitment 2020/2021||May 28, 2020||05 June, 2020|
|KPMG Ghana Recruitment 2020/2021||May 28, 2020||12 June, 2020|
|Internal Audit Agency Recruitment 2020/2021||May 28, 2020||10 June, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the African Development Bank Job Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.