AECOM Recruitment 2019 for Environmental Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the AECOM Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
AECOM Recruitment 2019
Due to our strong pipeline of projects within the transportation field we may have an opening for an experienced
Environmental Manager .
If you would like to be the first one to hear about this opportunity when it will arise, submit an expression of interest now and let’s stay in touch.
Environmental Manager develops, implements and monitors environmental strategies, policies and programmes to conform to local regulations and contract requirements.
The Environmental Manager is responsible for:
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the environmental component of the project Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Social Performance Management Plan (HSSESP)
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the Management Plan for Marine Life at the site location
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the Adaptive Shoreline Management Plan
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the Social Performance Plans (Local Content, Social Development (CSR), Stakeholder Consultation Plan)
- Making recommendations to the client regarding potential updates to the Environmental Impact Assessment
- Reviewing and updating the Environmental Monitoring Plan based on any additional monitoring commitments in the environmental permit conditions
- Implementing the Environmental Monitoring Plan
- Using reasonable skill, care and diligence to ensure all conditions of the EIA permit are met
- Using reasonable skill, care and diligence to ensure EIA permit remains valid
- Using reasonable skill, care and diligence to ensure all environmental permits are received prior to start of work
- Monitoring all Contractors’ day to day construction activities at Site from the viewpoint of environment and issue non-conformance reports (NCRs) requesting improvement once a non-conformance is found to exist. Carry out monitoring to determine whether the improvement have taken place.
- Using reasonable skill, care and diligence to ensure that all requirements resulting from the EIA studies and reports are implemented by the Contractors.
- Organizing weekly meetings with 3 no. contractors and preparing/issuing minutes
- Preparing monthly Environment progress report to the Client
- Monitoring and reporting on the management of internationally accepted environment requirements for the project
- Support the Client and/or Construction Contractor with the procurement of all statutory permits and licences required for the works to proceed.
- Monitor the Contractor’s delivery of the Works for compliance with the Contract documents
- Support the project controls team to deliver contract-package-level reporting, planning, earned value assessments and the like for inclusion in overall project reporting to the Client
- In conjunction with the relevant functional support groups, participate and lead environment meetings and workshops.
Specific Skills Required
- Highly knowledgeable in the environmental regulations of Ghana including permitting and reporting
- Ability to prioritize, manages time well, multitask and troubleshoot.
- Highly skilled in the writing of environmental monitoring plans
- Knowledgeable in marine related environmental activities
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Familiarity with working IFC performance standards is desirable
- Focused on client delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Empathy towards staff and colleagues – collaborative style
- Communication of complex matters in simple terms
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role in environmental management in Ghana
- Minimum 3 years full time experience on major (>USD 50 million) construction projects undertaking duties associated with construction site environmental management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the employ of an engineering consulting firm
- Experience on dredging projects
- Experience with environmental mitigation and monitoring in coastal areas
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit)
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science / Management