Ghana Institute Of Journalism, GIJ Admission/Entry Requirements, Eligibility and Qualifications required for admission into the institution.
gij.edu.gh admission requirements: Achieving your academic goals and securing your career of choice is of high priority to us. In this case, we dedicate time to research for opportunities, information and tutorials on your behalf and have them broken down to simple language for fast understanding and to ease your stress by delivering more flexible and handy information.
The following are the requirements, eligibility and qualifications to consider before applying for admission into the Ghana Institute Of Journalism (GIJ).
Table of Contents
GHANA INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM (GIJ) ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following are the minimum Admission Requirement For Ghana Institute Of Journalism. All prospective applicants are to take note before filling their application forms.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
► B. A. IN COMMUNICATION STUDIES
Applicants must possess passes (A – D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics and three (3) elective subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 or better.
Applicants must possess passes(A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics and three(3) elective subjects with an overall aggregate of 36 or better
► DIPLOMA IN COMMUNICATION STUDIES
Applicants must possess passes (A-D) in five(5) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics and two (2) elective subjects with an overall aggregate of 20 or better.
Applicants must possess passes(A1 -C6) in five (5) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics and two(2) elective subjects with an overall aggregate of 30 or better.
MATURE STUDENTS (Who can apply?)
Persons wishing to enter the Ghana Institute of Journalism as Mature Students must not be less than 25 years of age by September 2016.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Credit Passes (A1 – C6 in WASSCE and A – D in SSSCE) in five (5) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics plus two (2) elective subjects
- Applicants whose qualifications do not meet the requirements for admission as in (i) above may be considered for admission on passing a special entrance examination conducted by the University and an interview. Applicants should note that those who meet the requirements for admission as in (i) above will not be required to take any entrance examination.
Applicants will be selected based on a competitive cut-off point for the year. Candidates awaiting results are eligible to apply.
► LEVEL 300 TOP-UP (WEEKEND SESSION)
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- GIJ Diploma holders with a minimum Final Grade Point Average of 50 or Grade B or an equivalent Diploma from an Accredited Communication Training Institution with an average of Grade B are eligible to apply.
- Diploma holders with Final Grade Point Average of 25 from
the following disciplines: Archival Studies, Public Administration, Social Administration, Education and Management Studies are eligible to apply.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) holders with a minimum of 2ndClass (Lower Division) in the following: Marketing, Information Technology, Secretaryship and Management Studies as well as Social Science and Humanities related programmes not mentioned here are also eligible to apply.
- Degree holders with a minimum of 2nd Class (Lower Division) in the following: Information Studies, Information Technology, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, Social Studies, Theatre Studies, Marketing, Secretaryship, English, and French are eligible to apply.
- Final Year Diploma students are eligible to apply as awaiting results applicants.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
International students who hold equivalent qualifications are eligible to apply for any of the programmes.
COST OF APPLICATION FORMS
- Degree- GH¢200.00
- Diploma- GH¢ 200.00
- International Applicants– USD$100.00
HOW TO APPLY: There are two types of applications.
- Instructions for completing the Online Application Forms:
- Pay your application fee at any Fidelity Bank Branch by providing your name and telephone number.
- You will be provided with your application number at the bank.
- Go to http://registration.gij.edu.gh/Apply/Start to begin and complete your application online.
- Application Forms can also be downloaded from the Institute’s website: gij.edu.gh
- Downloaded forms should be submitted with the appropriate Payment Slip from any Fidelity Bank Branch).
- Completed Application Forms(with payment slip attached) should reach:
THE ACADEMIC AFFAIRS REGISTRY,
GHANA INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM,
P.O. BOX GP 667, ACCRA.
Not later than Friday, 16th June, 2017
For any further enquiries or help, contact: 0302-228336 or 026-9501772. Email: email@example.com
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: