Abt Associates Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. Abt Associates Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Abt Associates Jobs 2020, Abt Associates Career Portal, Requirements for Abt Associates Job Recruitment 2020.
Abt Associates Job Vacancies 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 Abt Associates Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on schoolgh.com as well as on the official website.
Abt Associates Recruitment Details:
|Deadline||16th May, 2020|
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at Abt Associates. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Project Assistant / Laboratory Technologist
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governanceÂ—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1, the PMI VectorLink Project. The project will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS, insecticide-treated net distribution and capacity building in 25 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
In Ghana, the project intends to establish a laboratory to perform basic entomological biochemical tests in addition to more complex molecular analyses that are contracted out to local institution(s) on annual basis. Under the supervision of the Technical Director/Entomologist, the Laboratory Technologist will manage the in-house laboratory and liaise with relevant subcontractors to ensure they carry out molecular analysis in a timely manner and in compliance with established protocols.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Performing EnzymeâÂ€Âlinked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) to quantitatively detect malaria sporozoite infections and mosquito blood meal sources in mosquito samples for the detection collected by the project
- Performing tests for the detection and biochemical characterization of insecticide resistance in malaria vector populations in the project districts
- Performing routine laboratory maintenance, cleaning, and organizing
- Maintaining inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment as needed for laboratory operations
- Supporting the advanced molecular analysis of the project mosquito samples at a subcontractor laboratory by performing complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols
- Ensuring accurate recording and reporting of molecular analysis data in a timely manner
- Assisting with the project routine entomological data collection activities when required
- Performing other project related duties that may be assigned by his/her supervisor
- Complying with all safety standards and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all laboratory staff
- Providing administrative support to the entomological unit and the entire project by regularly checking post office boxes, collecting and dispatching letters, parcels and other correspondence, and performing other errands as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree and above in Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Science, Biological Science or an equivalent or combination of education and 2 years of experience
- Experience with most or all of the following techniques is preferred:
- ELISA and biochemical assays
- PCR and qPCR
- Operation of liquid handling systems
- Experience with malaria entomology/applied entomology research methods for laboratory and field studies is preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, adhere to strict protocols, keep accurate records, and comply with company policies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Strong management and task planning skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- English language fluency
- Experience in international development programs, preferably at USAID-funded programs or other international development experience will be an advantage
- ( 2+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 16th May, 2020
How to Apply for Abt Associates Job Recruitment
To apply for the Abt Associates Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Abt Associates Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Abt Associates Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Ghana
|Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Police Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nation Builders Corps Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Immigration Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Prisons Recruitment||2019/2020|
|MTN Ghana Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Ghana Health Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Schoolgh for Abt Associates Jobs 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Schoolgh is the one-stop place for Abt Associates Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Ghana. Schoolgh ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get job recruitment notification on recent Abt Associates Recruitment 2020 openings across Ghana.|
|Abt Associates Jobs Region in Ghana?|
|Abt Associates Recruits across the 10 regions in Ghana. This includes Abt Associates Jobs in Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga, Wa, Sekondi and Ho. Abt Associates may sometimes accept job application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated region of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Mastercard Foundation Recruitment 2020/2021||April 2, 2020||17 April, 2020|
|DEM Group Recruitment 2020/2021||April 2, 2020||31st May, 2020|
|Nestlé Ghana Recruitment 2020/2021||April 2, 2020||31st May, 2020|
|Ericsson Recruitment 2020/2021||April 2, 2020||31st May, 2020|
|Cape Coast Technical University Recruitment 2020/2021||April 1, 2020||24 April, 2020|
|Zipline Recruitment 2020/2021||April 1, 2020||30 April, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Abt Associates Job Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.