Abt Associates Recruitment 2019 for Driver
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Abt Associates Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Abt Associates Recruitment 2019
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1, the PMI VectorLink Project. The project will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
In Ghana, under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager the Driver operates and maintains project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the VectorLink Ghana Project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues, including fuel, mileage, and trip logs
- Observe all company vehicle utilization policies, in country traffic laws
- Responsible for maintenance of project vehicle, keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, cleaning, etc.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel and other parts of the vehicle prior to driving
- Perform project routine business around the province, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from district office, general office purchasing
- Purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies and assist in the purchase of other project authorized items
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearances and tax exemptions
- Make arrangements for repairs, maintenance, and improvements to the office, as requested by the project management
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence, and perform other local errands
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable
- Valid Ghana Driver’s License
- At least one year prior experience in commercial driving
- Thorough knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through the base location and other key areas of the country
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable
- The ability to communicate in basic English is desirable
- High school (desirable), valid driver’s license, plus 1 year commercial driving experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: